For approximately $68 a head, the U.K.-based business will send “professional, polite, well dressed individuals” to attend your funeral or wake, and will weep, wail and generally appear sad about the passing of whatever person happens to be filling the casket for about two hours.
Tagged: funeral Random Fact | Toggle Comment Threads | Keyboard Shortcuts
Each year, 22,500 cemeteries across the United States bury approximately:
- 30 million board feet (70,000 m³) of hardwoods (caskets)
- 90,272 tons of steel (caskets)
- 14,000 tons of steel (vaults)
- 2,700 tons of copper and bronze (caskets)
- 1,636,000 tons of reinforced concrete (vaults)
- 827,060 US gallons (3,130 m³) of embalming fluid.
If you die in Amsterdam with no next of kin and no-one to attend your funeral, a poet will write a poem for you and recite it at your funeral.
A woman woke up at her own funeral and was so shocked by it that she had a heart attack and died.
“Lord” Timothy Dexter, an 18th century American businessman, faked his own death, held a mock funeral, and then berated his wife severely for not crying at it.