Wireless phone chargers use resonant inductive coupling which Tesla tried to use to provide free wireless electricity and may be used to create roads that can charge electric cars.
Benjamin Harrison, 23rd President of the United States, had electricity installed in the White House for the first time. He and his wife were so scared of being electrocuted that they wouldn’t touch the light switches, often going to sleep with the lights on.
There is a battery powered bell at Oxford University that has been continuously ringing for over 175 years. No one knows what the battery is composed of and no one wants to take the device apart in order to figure it out.
An Australian man wearing a nylon jacket and wool shirt built up 40,000 volts of static electricity, resulting in burned carpets, melted plastic, and a massive evacuation.
Electricity was introduced to Ethiopia in 1896 after Emperor Menelik II ordered two newly invented electric chairs as a form of humane capital punishment and realized they were useless in his country without electricity.
In 1746, Jean-Antoine Nollet conducted an experiment in which he gathered about two hundred monks into a circle about a mile (1.6 km) in circumference, with pieces of iron wire connecting them. He then discharged a battery of Leyden jars through the human chain and observed that each man reacted at substantially the same time to the electric shock, showing that the speed of electricity’s propagation was very high.
Bacteria that eats and survives on electricity alone, was found in the ocean floor.
Benjamin Harrison, the 23rd president of the US, was the first president to have electricity in the White House but he never touched any light switches because he was too scared of getting electrocuted.
An Australian man, wearing a nylon jacket and wool shirt, built up so much static electricity in his clothes as he walked that he burned carpets, melted plastic and sparked a mass evacuation.
An old neon light was left glowing for almost 80 years. The fixture had been walled off and forgotten in a basement nook, where it proceeded to rack up over $17,000 in electrical bills.