In 2012 a ‘Dead’ man turned up at his own funeral in Brazil. His appearance prompted some people to faint and others to flee in panic.
The number of people donating their bodies to science has doubled in the last ten years because funeral costs are so high and most schools will cremate the donated body when they are done and return it to the family at no cost.
A company in Georgia, USA will mix your ashes following your cremation with cement and drop it to the bottom of the ocean to form an artificial reef.
Johnny Depp plans on having his cremated remains poured into a cask of whiskey, and requests every attendee at his funeral take a sip of it.
Each year, 22,500 cemeteries across the United States bury approximately:
– 30 million board feet (70,000 m³) of hardwoods (caskets)
– 90,272 tons of steel (caskets)
– 14,000 tons of steel (vaults)
– 2,700 tons of copper and bronze (caskets)
– 1,636,000 tons of reinforced concrete (vaults)
– 827,060 US gallons (3,130 m³) of embalming fluid.
If you die in Amsterdam with no next of kin and no-one to attend your funeral, a poet will write a poem for you and recite it at your funeral.
A woman woke up at her own funeral and was so shocked by it that she had a heart attack and died.