A Futurama episode contains a real-life mathematical theorem which was specifically made for that episode, making it the first known theorem to be created for the sole purpose of entertainment in a TV show.
In 1938 a 12 year old boy found a strange rock, took it home and showed his dad who saw nothing special, then used it as a door stop for 9 years, it was later gound to be a sapphire worth 9.6 million dollars today.
An Australian restaurant called Pablo’s Escoburgers came under fire for their burger called “The Patron,” a double patty with candied bacon topped with a line of white powder (garlic flour) and a rolled up fake $100 bank note. They announced that people were “lining up for a taste.”
McDonald’s, Chick-fil-A and Subway make over 6 figures from a single calorie. McDonald’s makes the most at $231,000 earned per calorie sold. In second and third place are Chick-fil-A and Subway.
Only 1% of Super Bowl XLVIII tickets were sold to the public. The NFL gave the remaining 99% to teams, broadcast networks, corporate sponsors and other entities. When a fan sued, the New Jersey Supreme Court ruled the NFL’s ticketing policies didn’t violate any state consumer protection laws.
Human fetuses will grow a mustache and full body hair between 4-5 months in the womb and shed it before birth.
Residents of Shingo, Japan believe Jesus did not die on a cross in Jerusalem, but instead he fled to their town and became a rice farmer.
Open concept office spaces are damaging to workers’ attention spans, productivity, creative thinking, and satisfaction.
Modern polar bears are descended from hybridisation between ancient polar bears and long extinct Irish bears. The Irish genetic component has passed down through the maternal side throughout the ages and is now present in all modern polar bears. In short, polar bears are Irish
Michael Jordan says Kobe Bryant is the only player to ever have approached him in work ethic, waking up at 430 in the morning to practice before his required practice with his team.