The world is brimming with mysteries, and some explanations take a leap from the plausible to the downright bizarre. Here are five of the most outrageous conspiracy theories that you might find hard to believe.
1. Missing Time Theory: Imagine if a massive chunk of our history was simply non-existent. The Phantom Time Conspiracy theory suggests just that. It claims that the years AD 614 to 911 never transpired. According to this theory, these 300 years were fabricated during the middle ages to bolster Otto’s claim over the Holy Roman Empire. So, in theory, we should be living in the year 1726, not 2023.
2. The Staged Resurrection: The highly reputable journal Nature once discussed a conspiracy theory regarding the resurrection of Jesus Christ. This peculiar theory purports that Pontius Pilate, the Roman official who presided over Jesus’s trial, orchestrated the event as a grand hoax.
3. The Celebrity Rebirth Theory: As outlandish as it sounds, some conspiracy theorists assert that rock legend Jimi Hendrix didn’t die but became actor Morgan Freeman. The theory suggests Hendrix faked his death and reinvented himself as the now-beloved actor.
4. The Berenstain Bears Paradox: The spelling of a popular children’s book series, The Berenstain Bears, has sparked a wild theory that we are living in a parallel universe. Those who remember it as “BerenstEin” are believed to have crossed over from a parallel universe, while those who recall it as “BerenstAin” are said to be residents of our current universe.
5. The Time Cube Conundrum: Perhaps the most perplexing is the ‘Time Cube‘ theory. This conspiracy suggests that modern education and physics are colluding to hide a profound truth: Each day actually comprises four distinct days happening simultaneously. So, according to this theory, the 24-hour day we know is an illusion hiding the real nature of time.